Have you visited London? If no, then you need to have a look at this guide before you visit London.
London is situated in England which is considered to be the world’s top destination for tourists. There are more than 20 million tourists attracted every year. London is pretty much famous for its arts and entertainment center.
London is a place where you can spend endless days, and still, something or the other will be missed. There are several places to visit in London from seeing the museums and cathedrals to having a ride on the giant Ferris wheel over River Thames and enjoying its breathtaking views. There are royal palaces as well as people’s apartments that are worth visiting.
London is a tourist attraction due to which it remains a busy place throughout the year. Sometimes people find it very difficult to find accommodation in London, and it even gets difficult to find places where you can store your luggage in London. You can read more about where to store your luggage when you are in London by clicking the following link here.
If you are thinking about which places to visit in London, then do not worry because we are here for you with a list of top tourist attractions in London.
- Buckingham Palace –Buckingham Palace is recognized as the most iconic building in Britain. People are very much attracted at 11:30 am regardless of the season, at this place because at this time the Changing of the Guard takes place. There is a colorful as well as a free display of music and the marching of the guards. The best way to take a tour of the palace is to have a look at the Changing of the Guard, and take an experience of the traditional afternoon tea which is included in the 4.5-hours tour of the palace.
- The Tower of London –The Tower of London has been very useful in fulfilling several roles such as the palace, prison, treasure vault, and even zoo. It is a World Heritage Site that offers several hours of fascination to visitors. There is a display of armor and royal ornaments of Kings in the White Tower. The best way to enjoy your tour at this place, purchase the entrance ticket of the Tower of London and also include Crown Jewels and Beefeater Tour in the package. This will help you to avoid the crowds, and also bypass the lines of the ticket office.
- The British –British Museum is filled with more than 13 million artifacts from the ancient world, and it is full of antiquities. People find it difficult because they don’t know where to start while visiting The British Museum. The museum is filled with several things that are breathtaking from the history, and to top it all, there is an on-site bookshop which boasts a wide range of titles on ancient history and arts. You will also be able to find a shop which sells souvenirs and games for kids. If you are lingering in the museum for a long time, then you can also attend various lectures and workshops that are conducted by the museum, or sit in the restaurant and café.
- Big Ben and Parliament – There is a 318-foot tower that houses a giant clock and its resounding bell is famous as Big Ben. The tolling of Big Ben is famous in the entire world as the time signal of the BBC. The Houses of Parliament lie below and stretches along the Thames. The House of Parliament is known as the seat of the British government for several centuries. When you visit the parliament buildings, you get a chance to have a look at the real-time debates as well as lively political discussions that are taking place.
- National Gallery-The National Gallery holds rank among the top art museums in the entire world. It represents a complete survey of all the European paintings from 1260 until 1920. The greatest strength of this museum is its collection of Italian Schools and Dutch Masters of the 15th and 16th centuries. Some of the best pieces highlighted here are a cartoon of Madonna and Child by Leonardo da Vinci, Botticelli’s Venus and Mars, The Water-Lily Pond by Monet, and Van Gogh’s Sunflowers.
- Piccadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square-These two are the best-known tourist spots of London. Piccadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square are not very far from each other, and they mark the gateways to Soho which is London’s entertainment district as well as live theatre. Piccadilly Circus marks the intersection of various busy streets such as Haymarket, Shaftesbury Avenue, and Piccadilly Regent. There is this best sculpture of the winged Eros which is delicately balancing on one foot, bow poised placed here.
- Westminster Abbey- This is one more location that possesses a long association with British royalty. This place is officially known as the Collegiate Church of St. Peter in Westminster. This place is a masterpiece of Gothic architecture having the highest Gothic nave in entire England (102 feet). Westminster Abbey is a famous tourist attraction in London that draws more than one million tourists every year.
These are some of the top tourist attractions that you should never miss out on your trip to London. London is a busy place and that is the reason why you need to arrange for your accommodations and luggage in advance during any time of the year. This guide will help you to cover all the best places in London so that you do not miss out on anything worth seeing, and it also becomes easy for you to plan out your entire trip to London. b2b travel solutions