There was a time when people felt cursed if a daughter was born in their family. In India still there are many places where society differentiates between man and woman. On the other end there are parents supporting their girls to compete with men in every field. Women are making us proud not only in our country but also globally. So here is the story about a girl who worked hard to make her parents and country proud, Manu Bhaker. She proved that girls are not someone that were only born to become a housewife and they are just equal and sometimes even better than boys in particular.
Table of Contents
Manu Bhaker Wiki, Bio, Height and Age
Manu Bhaker who plays air gun shooting for India. She is someone with high motive in life despite it she is an inspiration for the youth. She is just 19 and proving the statement correct that “age is just a number”.
Profession: Sports Shooter
Famous for: Winning a Gold Medal and setting a new Common wealth Games Record at the Gold Cost Common Wealth Games
Physics Status & More
Height (Approx.) in centimeters – 163 cm
in meters – 1.63 meters
in feet inches – 5’4″
Eye Color – Black
Hair Color – Black
Events – 10 m Air Pistol
25 m Air Pistol
Manu Bhaker Personal Life
Manu Bhaker was born on 18th february 2002 in Goria town of the Jhajjar region of Haryana. Her dad, Ram Kishan Bhaker, work as a chief specialist in the Merchant Navy and mother Sumedha Bhaker is a Principal of Universal Senior Secondary School. Until the age of 14.
Date of Birth – 18 February 2002
Age (as of 2021) – 19 Years
Birth Place – Goria village, Jhajjar, Haryana
Zodiac Sign – Aquarius
Nationality – Indian
Hometown – Jhajjar, Haryana
School – Universal Public Senior Secondary School, Jhajjar, Haryana
Relegion – Hindunism
Caste – Jat
Hobbies – Doing Needle work, Bungee Jumping, Ice-skating
Boys, Affairs and Parents
Marital Status – Unmarried
Affairs/Boy Friend – Not Known
Father – Ram Krishan Bhaker ( A cheif engineer at Merchant Navy )
Mother – Sumedha Bhaker (a School Teacher )
Siblings – Brother – Akhil
Sister – None
Shooters – Jaspal Rana, Heena Sidhu
Food – Namkeen Rice, Gajjar ka Raita, Choorma
Bhaker dominated in different games like Huyen langlon, a Manipuri military craftsmanship, just as boxing, tennis and skating, winning awards at the public games in these events. She is also pursuing her bachelor’s of art degree in politics.
About Her Career and Success
She began her career at when she was just 16 years old with the help of her father who invested 1,50,000 for her so that she can take part in competitive shooting. Manu Bhaker’s career started in 2017 where she got her first international success in Asian junior championship where she held second position and silver medal for India at international level. In 2017 a national championship was held in kerala where she defeated world cup medalist Heena Sidhu.
International Career: In 2018 she took part in Summer Olympics held at Buenos Aires where she participated in women’s 10m air pistol and mixed team 10m air pistol. In the same year she was also a part of ISSF World Championships held in Changwon and the events were 10 m air pistol women, mixed team 10 m air pistol women and 25m pistol women in which she holds
13th, 12th and 10th position respectively. The Junior World Cup is something which made her shine in a lime light as she won three gold and one silver medal in women’s 10m air pistol, mixed team 10m air pistol in Sydney and in Suhl as well.
More about – Allison Stoke
World Cup: She was also part of ISSF World Cup in 2018 she played 10m air pistol, 25m and Mixed team pistol shooting event. She won one gold medal for India at Guadalajara. In 2019 she held 4th position in Munich, 14th position in New Delhi and 17th position in Beijing for 10m
air pistol. For the 25m pistol event she held 5th position in Munich and 17th position in Beijing. We can say that the mixed team event was something that she nailed with her performance. In
2018 she held 4th position in Changwon and 34th in Munich. 2019 was her year where she won
5 gold medals for the 10m mixed team air pistol event. In 2021 she captured a gold medal at New Delhi.
Manu Bhaker Achievements
- Nine Gold Medals in National Games: Manu Bhaker made her forward leap into the universe of shooting with a grand presentation at the 2017 National Games. She had effectively made her imprint at the global level by winning a silver decoration at the 2017
Asian Junior Championships. However, it was the National Games where she competed with the country’s best which featured her standing. Bhaker crushed double cross World Cup gold medalist Heena Sidhu and took down her record of 240.8 focuses by scoring
242.3 focuses. The National Games is a great combination for the nation’s top competitors and her splendid outcome exhibited her type as a player.
- ISSF Gold Medalist: The 2018 International Shooting Sport Federation was held in Guadalajara, Mexico. Manu won gold in the Women’s 10 m air pistol. Additionally, she crushed Guadalajara’s own Alejandra Zavala, a 2 time champion. Manu scored 237.5 focuses in contrast with Zavala’s 237.1 and took the gold award. This victory made Bhakar the youngest Indian girl to do so. She won herself and the country a gleaming prize at the age of 16.
- Youth Olympics Gold Medalist: Bhakar made her difference at the 2018 Youth Olympics in Buenos Aires. Manu aims a stunning 236.5 focuses to hold her position at top of the points table. Manu aims a strong 576 to top the capability and blasted in front of her rivals. Four out of five shots were 10 or more, placing her in an ordering position. She held her nerve and showed her class with a continuous round of 10.1 and 10.2 and won another gold in her all around her furnished profession. Manu added India’s fifth gold award all the while.
- Qualified for Tokyo Olympics 2020: The Tokyo Olympics is barely months away and Manu Bhaker has given a lift to India’s expectations by qualifying. Manu has got selected for three events in the forthcoming events. Bhaker will participate in the 10m air gun, 25 m gun and the mixed team 10m gun. Bhaker’s finishes at fourth spot in the Munich ISSF witnessed her capability in the 10m gun event. Bhaker will be a part of the 15 part shooting unexpectedly in Tokyo and everyone’s eyes will be on her. Manu is also putting all her attention on winning an Olympic gold. “Her preparation has been working out in a good way, it is being dealt with well in any event, during COVID 19 pandemic”.
- Commonwealth Games Gold Medalist: Manu Bhaker gave the Indian group an excellent start in the Commonwealth Matches by dominating the 10 m air gun. The 16 year old Bhaker never looked back and continued her streak and won her sixth gold in the competition. Bhaker scored 388/400 to meet all requirements for the finals. Bhaker set up the standard at another level, the Gold Coast scoring 240.9 focuses while her countryman Heena Sidhu won a silver.”I can say it was the best snapshot of my life. It was the best second,” said the cheerful teenager on her new victory.
Facts About Manu Bhaker
How she Took Shooting as a Profession: It was destiny in the making that drove Manu to take up the game. Her school had an inbuilt shooting range. Manu visited it one day and took a stab at it and in her absolute original shot, with no preparation or information on the game, she hit the 7.5 imprint. From there on, her dad who had likewise perceived her ability for the game, faced the challenge of contributing roughly 1,50,000 on air pistol.
Records She Holds: She turns out to be the youngest Indian to win a gold decoration at the ISSF World Cup and the second youngest Indian to win a gold award at the Commonwealth games. Manu was in her real colors and so she made another Commonwealth Games record with 240.9 focuses and set a record of 244.7 at the ISSF World Cup, China in 2019.
Read about – Bre Ladd Wiki
Favourites: Bhaker’s favorite things list consists of some of the shooters and her favourite shooters are Jaspla Rana and Heena sidhu. This list not only stops here some of her favorite
food is fried rice, Gajar ka raita and as she is from Haryana so one of her most favorite dishes is “Choorma”.
Controversy: She became a part of the controversy in 2019, where she got down on the Haryana Sports Minister, Anil Vij in a string of tweets where he promised her a prize money of 2 crore on the win of her triumphant gold decoration at the Youth Olympic Games. It was told later by Jaspal Rana, her coach that she had not sent the tweets and it was the twitter duty and responsibility that ought to be taken a glimpse at. Anil Vij nevertheless responded to it by rebuking the way in which the tweets had disrespected his standing.
So far Abhinav Bindra is the only Indian to win gold in the Olympics. Manu Bhaker may be the next one to do so. India is waiting anxiously for her to bring gold home this time.
Manu Bhaker Social Accounts
People are always looking to follow their stars rather they are Businessman, Politician, actor or actress or athlete. Here we are share Manu Bhaker real social accounts just follow her and improve their confidence.