Udaipur is known as the Venice of the Western Region in India and Kashmir of Rajasthan. Apart from that, it is also known as the City of Lakes. It is a great place to visit and fill yourself with wanderlust. The city is filled with lakes, palaces and forts. Udaipur also has a lot of great cafes with unique ambiances. The best time to visit the city is during winters and also the Indian festival of lights as the whole city is lit with lights.
Table of Contents
Best places to visit in Udaipur:
- Fateh Sagar Lake: It is surrounded by the range of Aravalli. It is a famous tourist attraction during the festive season. Take a look around the lights on the river. The Fateh Sagar Lake has a Solar tower that why also called as Udaipur Solar Observatory. It is a very popular place to visit in Udaipur.
- Lake Pichola: A great and cool slide on a boat all across the Lake Pichola is the only way to reach the Taj Lake Palace. The hotel will be decorated with candle- lighting ceremonies, blessings and prayers. The palace’s rooftop is to witness realistic firework scenery across the sky which can reflect the spark in the Lake Pichola. Boat ride in the Lake Pichola is the must to do activity in Udaipur.
- Udai Sagar Lake: it is the important name in the famous list of lakes in Udaipur. Udai Sagar Lake continues to attract thousands of tourists and historians every year. The best time to visit Udaisagar Lake is between the months of September and March. There are no boat ride services provided on this lake. Even though, it is the best attraction during the Diwali for the lights around the lake. It is located approx. 13 kilometers from the Udaipur city.
- Rajsamand Lake: it is also called Rajsamudra Lake. Large history has been preserved right here at the Rajsamand Lake. Rajsamand attracts in the season of summer. The best time to visit the lake is during sunrise as it promises a magical view of waters.
- Jiyan Sagar: it is also called as Badi Lake or Badi ka Talab. It is a mesmerizing attraction with the freshwater. Many of the residents of Udaipur relied on this lake. Lake Badi having a short perimeter and making a perfect figure in between sightseeing stops in Udaipur.
- Milk pond: it is a small lake which is near to Pichola Lake. It fulfilled the basic necessities of cows. You can get an amazing view of Lake Pichola, Jag Mandir and Lake Palace from the Milk pond.
- Swaroop Sagar Lake: this is the lake which is connected with Pichola Lake and Fateh Sagar Lake. It is also known as Kumharia Tawab.
City Palace was built by Maharana Udai Singh II. There is no better way to enjoy a night out in Udaipur. The best part about visiting the palace in the evening is the light show which can hold every hour after 6 pm. The palace looks stunning with the decorated lights.
Apart from that, you can visit the place in the morning too. If you are interested in history and architecture, this place will surely be a delight for you. There are total of 11 palaces exists in the premises of City Palaces. Named as Sheesh Mahal, Bada Mahal, Rang Mahal, Amar Villas, and few others. City Palace is the fusion of Rajasthani and Mughal architectural styles. Jagdish Temple is the most prominent temple of Udaipur which is located inside the City Palace Complex.
Also known as Pearl Hill. Visit the Moti Magri statue and take a walk all around the area. It is the statue of Maharana Pratap which is popularly known as Rajput Hero. In Moti Magri light and sound show held every day in the evening at 8.00 pm during summer and 7.30 pm in the winters.
everyone can find many Jain Temples all across the city. Art, culture, and architecture are carved all around the temples. A famous temple is the Chaumukha Temple which is totally dedicated to the first Jain named Tirthankara.
it is famous only because it is situated on the river banks of Lake Pichola. It presents guests with the beautiful views of the city palaces and lakes. And it serves the delicious food which delights the senses.
Rajasthan is mainly famous for the forts and palaces. The forts maintain the luxury of the culture. Important forts are there in Udaipur are Kumbhalgarh fort, Chittorgarh fort, Samshergarh Fort, and Sajjangarh Fort. They have beautiful architecture and view of the city. It is a great place for explorers. You can click some stunning pictures here. It is a good idea to visit the forts during sunset.
Even there are many places like Hathi Pol Bazaar, craft fair, Sajjangarh Palace, Sahelion ki Bari, Musical Garden and Bagore ki Haveli in Udaipur to get attracted during festivals. Also, shopping is fun in Udaipur as you will get different local handicraft items there. Apart from that, you will get bandhej fabrics and sarees too. You can also buy silver jewllery here as it has some great designs.
The impressive city of Udaipur attracts millions of tourists every year with its beautiful lakes, perfectly figured mountains and majestic places. Your Udaipur trip will surely be fun-filled as you will get a chance to make some great memories.
Udaipur is a small city but there is a lot to get attracted and can enjoy the surroundings. It doesn’t matter if you are in Udaipur on a solo trip or with the family, you will end up the trip with a lot of joy and fun.
Best time to visit Udaipur
Winters is the best time to visit Udaipur from October to March. During these months the weather of Udaipur is very pleasant and comfortable for sightseeing. Avoid visiting Udaipur during summer from March to June. Summer in Udaipur is extremely hot and humid, you can’t survive there.