If you have only Rs.25,000 in your budget to travel to a city, Bangkok is the place to be. The scenic beaches, locals that are welcoming and sunshine all year long making it one of the most visited places in the world. Other attractions of the city include water sports, tours that involve island hopping and spas.
Table of Contents
How to reach Bangkok?
Bangkok has two international airports. These are Suvarnabhumi airport and Don Muang airport. Both these airports can be visited by airlines from India.
What are the documents required?
The documents for any Indian who aspires to visit Bangkok are:
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel.
- A return air ticket from Bangkok.
- Proof of hotel bookings done in advance.
- The Visa on Arrival application filled with complete details.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant.
What are the places to stay in Bangkok?
The best hotels to stay in Bangkok are:
- The Grand Alpine hotel: The Grand Alpine hotel is situated right in the heart of Bangkok’s busy shopping district of Pratunam. Rooms at both superior and deluxe rates can be found in the hotel. The tariff for one night is Rs.1,900. Amenities inside the hotel include free WIFI, a restaurant and a shared lounge.
- Marvel hotel: The Marvel hotel is located in one of the most vibrant parts of Bangkok. The travelers can avail the service of both superior and deluxe and rooms in the hotel. The tariff for one night is Rs.2500. Amenities of the Marvel hotel include free WIFI, a restaurant and a bar.
- The hostels in Khao San: The hostels of Khao San is one of the most suitable places to stay for the backpackers. The tariff is extremely low and suitable for those who want to spend most of their money travelling.
Things to do in Bangkok
- Go for the famous Thai massage: When in Bangkok, go for the famous Thai massage. Spa options start as low as Rs.400.
- Experience the thrill of Muay Thai: Muay Thai is one of the oldest practices that Thailand has to offer. It is the traditional form of Thai boxing. The fee required to take part in one training session of Muay Thai is only 1000 Baht.
- Participate in Aerobics: One of the best ways to soothe the tiring muscles when on travel is to take part in aerobics. One of the most famous aerobics classes take place in Sarandon Park.
Places to eat in Bangkok
Some of the most famous places to eat in Bangkok are:
- Café Bangrak: Café Bangrak is one of the most popular places to eat in Bangkok. The live music and the art exhibitions add to the charm of the place. The café is mostly known for the fresh Thai delicacies and smoothies. A meal in Café Bangrak for two costs thousand bucks in the Indian currency. The café is open from 11 am in the morning to 11 pm in the night. The address of Café Bangrak is Sala Daeng Silom Road, Silom, Bangkok. The phone number is +66-26320256.
- Balbir’s: If you miss the taste of Indian food while in Bangkok, Mrs. Balbir’s is the place to be. Dishes such as Navaratan Korma and Stuffed tomato curry are the specialty of the place. The meal for two people in Mrs. Balbir’s costs Rs.1200. The restaurant is open from Tuesday to Sunday from 11:30 am to 11:30 pm. The restaurant is closed on Mondays. The address of the restaurant is 155/1-2 Sukhumvit Soi 11/1, Bangkok 10110, Thailand and the phone number is +66-26510497.
The total cost of the trip
The total cost of the trip for a budget under Rs. 25,000 is as follows:
- The cost of the hotel is for 2 nights is Rs.2,000.
- The cost of transport during the entire trip is Rs.20,000.
- The cost of food is Rs.2,000.
- Miscellaneous costs are Rs.500.
- The total costs of all of the above is Rs.24,500.
What to spend your money in Bangkok?
Some of the activities that you can spend your money in Bangkok are:
- Shopping: Bangkok is a shopping paradise where you can get stuff at cheap prices. Some of the major shopping centers in the city include platinum fashion mall which is a place where the items are relatively cheaper than other places in the city. The Chatuchak Weekend Market.
- A day trip to Ayutthaya: A day trip to historic city of Ayutthaya is a must if you visit Bangkok. The historic temples and museums of the city are worth exploring. Ayutthaya is a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Going on a dinner cruise: Visit the Chao Phraya Dinner cruise where you can enjoy the live music and performance. There is a Thai buffet dinner as well. The total cost of the cruise is Rs.2500.
Sneaky tips to save money
- Plan your visit from May to August: One of the most common ways to save money when visiting Bangkok is visiting the city in between May to August. You can easily save 15% – 20% of the total spend.
- Eat street food instead of dining in fancy and expensive restaurants: Another way to save money is to eat the street food of Bangkok instead of dining in a fancy restaurant. This can help you save a lot of money.