There are over 450 species of cockroaches in Australia, but only a few are pests. The most commonly found species of roaches in Australian homes include the Australian cockroach, German cockroach, and American cockroach. These pests are great at sneaking into homes and hiding whilst contaminating food and spreading bacteria. So, what are some effective Pest control Sydney measures to remove these pests.
Cockroaches are great at surviving anything – even an apocalypse. Even when they have some of the best survival abilities, there are simple ways to get rid of them if these pests have infested your home.
Table of Contents
1. Clean Your Home & Cut Off Access to Food
Cockroaches are readily attracted to food provided by filth. You can start the process of removing them from your home by keeping the space clean. Short-term measures cannot work in eliminating roaches because they are good at surviving for long periods without access to food and water.
It is recommended to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Wipe clean any spills and remove any crumbs immediately
- Empty all your cabinets and clean them
- Wash your dishes immediately after taking food and put them away
- Keep the area under the sink clean
- Keep the areas under the refrigerator and other appliances clean
- Remove all trash in garbage cans as quickly as possible. Make sure the cans have tight-fitting lids.
It is also recommended to keep your pets’ food dishes empty or covered. You should also keep your food in sealed containers.
2. Use Diatomaceous Earth
Diatomaceous earth (DE) is a good natural insecticide. It has fossilised and pulverised algae that can have a dehydrating and damaging effect on roaches, making it a great Cockroach Control Sydney measure. You should get some food-grade diatomaceous earth and sprinkle it over the areas with cockroach presence. While it will kill roaches, DE is safe for pets and kids.
3. Use Glue Strips
Place glue strips in areas where there is high cockroach activity. Some of the commonly affected areas include behind the toilets and under the refrigerator. This measure can be used to monitor the level of infestation. If you find more cockroaches glued to a strip, it will mean there is more activity in that area.
4. Use Baking Soda
Using baking soda is a faster and simpler way to remove cockroaches from your home. There is a good chance you already have baking soda in your kitchen. Use the following tips:
- Dice a few onions
- Sprinkle some baking soda on the diced onions
- Take this mixture and place in a shallow dish
Put the dish in a place with high roach activity. This is an affordable, non-toxic, and effective Cockroach Control Sydney measure.
5. Get Rid of Potential Hiding Places
Cockroaches need a place to live in your home. If you can eliminate all hiding places, you can force them out. Follow these steps to remove potential hiding places:
- Remove all clutter, including unnecessary papers and cardboard boxes
- Seal all the potential entry points with caulk
- Cover up any gaps between door and window frames
Sometimes, cockroach infestations can get out of hand. If you feel that the problem cannot be overcome with the above-mentioned remedies, you should call in professional help.
Follow – https://travelmansoon.com for More Updates